Funfetti cake is a fixture at almost any party and with good reason.
The colorful cake is not only fun to look at, but it is also extremely simple to make and tastes delicious!
There’s something about those fun, multifaceted sprinkles that makes them perfect for birthday parties, bake sales, and fun family potlucks.
The cake mix can also be used to make plenty of other pretty and yummy baked goods. You can add those fun sprinkles to cupcake mixes, doughnuts, and even these cheesecake crescent rolls to make them an instant party-starter.
But if you don’t have the cake mix on hand, we have a simple recipe that mirrors its amazing taste and colors.
All you need is a box of colorful fruit-flavored cereal and some simple baking ingredients to make funfetti muffins that you can enjoy whenever you want!
Scroll through the recipebelow to learn how to make these sweet rainbow muffins, and then watch the video to see them being made.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsps. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup colorful fruit-flavored cereal
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Stir lightly to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add sugar and butter. Beat with a hand mixer to combine.
- Add the butter mixture into the flour mixture along with the milk and beat to combine.
- Gently fold in the fruit-flavored cereal.
- Pour the mixture into a greased tin for six muffins, and sprinkle additional cereal on top.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and enjoy!
Don’t forget to print the recipe, and please SHARE with friends and family who love simple, sweet snacks!